Since our establishment in 2003, CymSTAR LLC’s core competency has been modifying Aircrew Training Devices (ATD) and Maintenance Training Devices (MTD) with on-time or early Ready for Training (RFT) delivery and ZERO discrepancy reports (DR) at Government acceptance.
- Reuse/rehost of existing trainer device software into alternate hardware platforms, such as the re-use of Full Flight Simulator (FFS) software to design and develop low-cost commercial Flight Training Devices (FTD).
- Concurrency upgrades including stimulation and simulation of actual weapons systems units, with emulation of all appropriate interfaces for incorporation into Training Devices.
- Flight Management Systems (FMS)
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Weather Radar (WXR)
- Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)
- Fuel Savings Advisory Systems (FSAS)
- Terrain Collision Avoidance Systems (TCAS)
- Terrain Avoidance Warning Systems (TAWS)
- Enhanced Ground-Proximity Warning Systems (EGPWS)
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM)
- Global Air Traffic Management (GATM)
- All Weather Flight Control Systems (AWFCS)
- Enhanced Navigation Systems (ENS)
- Operational Flight Program (OFP) Updates
- Avionics Modernization Program (AMP) Upgrades
- Helmet Mounted Integrated Targeting (HMIT) System
- …and many more
- Technology upgrades to improve Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM), or training effectiveness
- Aerodynamic Upgrade Effort (AUE)
- Automated Test Guide (ATG) driver systems
- Electric Control Loading (ECL)
- Host computer replacements (rehost)
- Aural Cue System (ACS) sound systems upgrades
- Input/Output (IO) Systems replacement/upgrade
- Instructor Operator Station (IOS) upgrades
- Semi-Automated Forces/Computer Generated Forces (SAF/CGF)
- …and many more
CymSTAR continues to maintain a keen awareness of emerging technologies and standards, developing fully compliant solutions for computer generated threats, Aerial Refueling Airplane Simulation Qualification (ARASQ), Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and Certifications to Simulator Standards.
CymSTAR’s engineering staff possesses years of expertise to interpret, understand, and modify Training Device Original Equipment Manufacturers’ (OEM) designs with minimal alterations to original, fielded systems.
- Systems Engineering
- Aerodynamic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
CymSTAR engineers are well versed with interfacing several OEM components (e.g. aircraft avionics, simulation subsystems) into trainers with many industry standards and protocols.
- Serial communications (e.g. RS-232, RS-422, others)
- ARINC standards (e.g. 429, 561, 575, 453/708, others)
- MIL-STD-1553 and MIL-STD-1760
- Video interfacing (e.g. VGA)
- Digital buses (e.g. HDMI)
- High Speed Data (HSD) interfaces to sybsystems
- Reflective Memory
- Fiber Optic networks