Skip to content
CymSTAR has attained unparalleled success through a strategy built upon:
- A Business Paradigm centered around customer satisfaction, motivated employees, and investor satisfaction. CymSTAR retains a high number of our engineering and management personnel with an extremely low turnover rate.
- A Keen Focus on Core Competencies in management systems engineering & integration, training device modifications, new trainer development, production and Training Systems support services.
- A Strong Concentration on Military Customers as a supplier to Government and Prime Contractors, or as a Small Business and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) Prime Contractor.
- Maximum use of commercial off the shelf (COTS) products and open system designs with unlimited data rights for our customers.
- Standard employment of Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts exemplifying CymSTAR’s confidence in our proven capability to perform on time and within budget.
CymSTAR’s company values are to exceed customer expectations, take ownership of problems, and provide transparency.
CymSTAR’s success is due to the small business strengths of a flat organizational structure, low overheads, and a high customer commitment. We empower interdependent teams with delegated decision-making authority, accountability for results, and rewards for achievement. A sample of our robust management processes IAW IEEE Std 12207 and other industry standards include:
- Schedule Management is guided by a detailed, tailored Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and/or Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Risk Management processes developed with reference to the DoD Risk, Issue, and Opportunity Management Guide for Defense Acquisition Programs, January 2017.
- Configuration and Data Management (CM/DM) processes developed IAW ANSI/EIA-649, ISO-10007, and ANSI/EIA-836.
- Change Management IAW MIL-HDBK-61A.
- Quality Management System (QMS) procedures and processes IAW ISO 9001:2015, independently certified by World Certification Services LTD.
- Subcontractor & Vendor Management for partnerships with reputable subcontractors IAW FAR 52.219 Limitations on Subcontracting.
- Security Management procedures and process IAW DoD 5220.22-M National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the Defense Security System Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) V1.13, NIST SP 800-53, Risk Management Framework (RMF), plans and processes IAW DoD 8510.1 Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology (IT)
- Cybersecurity Management implementation utilizing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE) resources and tools such as Windows Secure Host Baseline (SHB), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Financial Management to sustain a stable business with controlled and profitable growth since our inception. We have ample cash reserves, ZERO debt, a Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)-approved accounting system and methodology compliant with FAR Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Systems Engineering processes based on IEEE, INCOSE, and DOD principles for systems requirements, architecture, and detailed design methodology. This includes the ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 Systems Engineering processes, INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook, Object Modeling Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) standards, and the DOD Systems Engineering Guidelines.
- Software Development processes based upon the principles of IEEE/EIA 12207.0-IEEE/EIA 12207.2.
- Test and Evaluation (T&E) program IAW DoDI 5000.02 Encl. 6 “Integrated T&E” and the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG) Chapter 9 “Integrated Test and Evaluation”. Our approach includes early prototyping, Hardware/Software Integration (HSI), and Deficiency Report (DR) clearance.
- Cybersecurity systems engineering using DISA Cybersecurity Trusted Products / Common Criteria and Approved Products Lists as guidance. CymSTAR’s Cybersecurity workforce as described in DoD 8570.01-M is currently Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III, Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III, and Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level II.
- Information Assurance (IA). We demonstrated procedures in place to obtain Authority To Operate (ATO) and establishment of Defense Security System (DSS)-approved secured facilities. Designed and implemented IAW DoD 5220.22-M National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the Defense Security System Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) V1.3, CymSTAR implements security Standard Practice Procedure (SPP) manual, Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures (IASOP) governing personnel, system use and general safeguarding requirements. Risk Management Framework (RMF), plans and processes IAW DoD 8510.1 Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology (IT) and DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance (IA) Training, Certification, and Workforce Management.